This position has responsibility for office operations and administrative support so technical employees can be as effective and efficient as possible. AND while completing these tasks, the office manager is to subtly imbue levity and delight in the studio atmosphere. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
1. General Office Support:
- Brainstorm, invent and organize office celebrations and outings. Order office coffee, cookies, birthday cakes, office lunches, track staff birthday’s and organize birthday and anniversary month celebrations.
- Research possible new office equipment and software Track subscription software renewals.
- Trouble shoot basic server and computer Call IT support when necessary. Meet with MAC tech support weekly to report ongoing issues.
- Maintain appearance of entire office. Keep supply areas organized and tidy. If samples or drawings are sitting in common areas for more than three days, inquire of the staff as to who’s responsible and help clean it up. Take “deep storage” and “throw away” items (old architect’s drawing sets and specs) downstairs
- Manage and maintain office management tools on google
- Service of the copiers: order and replace toner; maintain paper tray supply; monitor paper stock and reorder when necessary; troubleshoot paper jams and other mechanical issues; call service rep when
- Post “away” on email and voicemail when staff is on vacation or out
- Unload boxed deliveries and take recyclable packing materials to bins Open any incoming deliveries that don’t have a clear recipient to make sure time sensitive materials get proper attention.
- Traffic all outgoing deliveries (California Overnight, FedEx, Courier), fill out corresponding delivery forms, pack or wrap packages if necessary, track missing
- Order and maintain office supplies with approval of the President or Business Manager. Maintain online business accounts of the
- Manage phones: answer and direct all incoming calls with excellent etiquette and diction (a caller can hear a smile!) Make sure phone is covered when at lunch or running errands for the office. Instruct anyone that will cover the phone on proper salutation and how to direct
- Meet and greet visitors; monitor the front door; admit delivery personnel, clients
2. Staff Support:
- Traffic control the signatures on Contracts and then transfer files for final proposals and contracts to Contract server, distribute hard copies to project manager and accounting when
- Request for Certificates of Insurance from insurance broker and send to
- Track and renew various LBE/WBE certifications
- Do online project or marketing-related research when requested. Download, file and print project and marketing related material as
- Keystroke revisions to proposals, qualification packages and other
- Generate and/or proof sign schedules, re-format, revise redlined specifications, develop CSY transmittals as
- Provide support for Principals and Project Managers as needed, including developing expense reports and ordering and picking up lunches as
- Assist Business Manager reconciling credit card statements, project expenses (stock photography, samples) and project data entry in
- Research and arrange travel plans for Principals and Project Managers when needed, including hotels, car rentals, airlines and conference
- Research CSY databases for historic emails and files that have current
- Special projects as
3. Computer Skills:
- Support a Mac based office. Familiarity with MacOS strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat and Google Drive is required