We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented leader to join our team as the Human Resources Director. The ideal candidate will have a strong generalist/business partnership background and current knowledge of emerging HR trends and practices. Under the direction of the CEO, the HR Director will collaborate with management to maintain and implement various programs and initiatives.
The Human Resources Director will oversee Employee Relations, HR Compliance, Benefits Administration, Compensation, Performance Management, Onboarding/Offboarding and more. The HR Director must be a initiative-taker, strategic thinker, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution to the development and delivery of effective HR solutions.
- In conjunction with the CEO and COO, manage all employee relation matters and management concerns. Identify issues and recommend solutions to the CEO and directors/managers.
- Create and manage scalable processes and policies to keep up with agency changes and
- Provide support and trainings to management on processes, policies, and best
- Ensure appropriate execution of all HR-related programs and
- Facilitate an annual company-wide performance review
- Conduct on-going compensation reviews to ensure company maintains competitiveness within identified market.
- Manage employee benefits programs. Review and assess benefit needs and trends. Recommend benefit programs. Coordinate annual benefits open enrollment in partnership with our benefits
- In coordination with CFO, oversee 403b
- Ensure legal compliance related to employment matters. Implement applicable federal, state and local requirements. Maintain records, policies, agency and management guidelines, and recommend/implement
- Update and maintain personnel files, ensuring accuracy for annual
- Process new hire paperwork, including background checks, flex benefit calculations, and benefits enrollment.
- Conduct new hire orientations and employee exit process, including final paycheck, COBRA
- Administer employee leaves and maintain employee leave
- Administer Workers’ Compensation insurance, claim reporting and safety
- Performs other duties as assigned for the benefit of the
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, counseling, communications, or applicable area of study required. Master’s Degree
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM Certification strongly preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience as an HR Director or 5-7 years’ experience as an HR Manager with increasing responsibilities in employee and labor relations, compensation, workforce planning, recruitment and selection, leadership, and organizational development, as well as benefits
- Non-Profit experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal/relational
- Knowledge of and experience applying California labor law, as well as experience developing related policies and
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Ability to lift up to 25
- Able to work independently and as a positive member of a
- Ability and willingness to travel to 2 agency worksites in San Jose, approximately 3 miles away from each other.
- Fingerprinting and background check as required by the Department of
- Valid CA driver’s license, an automobile for agency travel, and proof of current auto
- TB clearance required
Flexible hybrid work from home. In office estimated 25% time